Thursday, March 4, 2010

OK in Chile After Earthquake

Hi All -

I've received numerous emails asking about the earthquake.  Thanks for your thoughts/concerns!  I want to let you know that I am OK, and was actually on my first day of a six day trekking circuit when the earthquake happened, therefore was unable to make contact with anyone until now.  I am currently in Parque Nacional Torres del Paine, near the city Puerto Natales, which is quite a bit south of Concepcion, the epicenter.

I just got off the trail, and should now have internet access on a regular basis.  I will be volunteering in the National Park for the next 2-4 weeks.  Here is a photo of Glaciar Grey, 17km long, from the trekking circuit.  Thanks again for your thoughts/prayers.  I'll update more soon as I'm able.
Love, Andria

2 comments:

  1. Good, I'm glad! Will you help all those Chileanos for me? I desperately want to go and see if my friends are all ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah - I'm volunteering at Parque Nacional Torres del Paine right now, but we just packed up a bunch of polarfleeces and some other things the hotel in the park doesn't need - the items are en route to the north as we speak...

    ReplyDelete