Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Horse

Horse in town - in front of Erratic Rock
Clos snacking in the backyard
I bought a horse today.  $250,000 Chilean Pesos, or ~$500 US Dollars.  I am thrilled :)  He still needs a name.  I road him into Puerto Natales today and we took pictures in front of the hostel I always stay at: Erratic Rock (erraticrock.com).  My new friend (I'm not sure if he knows that yet!) is currently eating in the backyard of a friend of mine while tied to a fence.  Tomorrow I'll ride him ~55 miles out to Rio Serrano, where he'll spend at least the next month with me before (hopefully) heading out on more adventures.  I am also including a video from a recent trip to Balmaceda with this post.  More later!  Love, Andria

2 comments:

  1. Sweet horse! Thanks for the updates. :-) Keep 'em coming! Naming things is a serious undertaking - i'm trying to name my new car. (New to me...the old one got totalled :-( ). You could name him after a really cool place. Maybe "Chaco". Or "Memphis". Now there's a good name. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you, friend! And your name suggestions are very fun. :) I decided on a Chilean name, but I always have use for a good animal name. 'Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete